Upgrading from version 1.3.0 to 1.3.1
One minor change might affect users of DirContextAdapter.
- The method getObjectAttribute, and consequently also getStringAttribute, now treats an existing attribute with an empty set of values as if the attribute doesn't exist, and thus returns null. In order to determine whether an attribute in fact exists, a new method attributeExists was added.
Upgrading from version 1.3.0-RC1 to 1.3.0
Some minor changes were made between version 1.3.0-RC1 and 1.3.0.
- PagedResultsRequestControl has been deprecated in favor of the more appropriately named PagedResultsDirContextProcessor.
- The default value of the pooling property of DirContextSource has been changed from true to false.
Upgrading from version 1.2.1 to 1.3.0-RC1
Some minor changes were made since version 1.2.1. The following should help most users the project update their applications:
- NameNotFoundException is no longer silently ignored in searches. It is possible to use the old behavior by setting the ignoreNameNotFoundException property to true in LdapTemplate.
- Removed AcegiAuthenticationSource - use SpringSecurityAuthenticationSource (included with Spring Security) instead.
- Removed deprecated method setUserName() in AbstractContextSource.
- DirContextAdapter#getStringAttributes, getObjectAttributes, and getAttributeSortedStringSet now all return null if the requested Attribute is not present, and an empty result (array or set) if present but empty.
- DistinguishedName now returns compactly formatted String representations from toString, e.g.: cn=John Doe,ou=Company,c=Sweden rather than cn=John Doe, ou=Company, c=Sweden To keep using the old formatting (for backward compatibility) set the system property org.springframework.ldap.core.spacedDnFormat to true.