What's new in Spring Security 3.1
This section contains summary of the updates found in Spring Security 3.1. A detailed list of changes can be found in the project's
2.1 High level updates found Spring Security 3.1
Below you can find a high level summary of updates to Spring Security 3.1.
- Support for multiple http elements
- Support for stateless authentication
- DebugFilter provides additional debugging information
- Improved Active Directory LDAP support (i.e. ActiveDirectoryLdapAuthenticationProvider)
- Added Basic Crypto Module.
- The namespace is fully documented in the reference appendix.
- Added dependencies section to the reference appendix
- Support HttpOnly Flag for Cookies in Servlet 3.0 environments
- InMemoryUserDetailsManager provides in memory implementation of UserDetailsManager
- Support for hasPermission expression on the authorize JSP tag
- Support for disabling UI security (for testing purposes)
- Support erasing credentials after successful authentication
- Support clearing cookies on logout
- Spring Security Google App Engine example application
- Support for CAS proxy tickets
- Support for arbitrary implementations of JAAS Configuration
- Support nested switching of users for SwitchUserFilter
2.2 Spring Security 3.1 namespace updates
Below you can find a summary of updates to the Spring Security 3.1 namespace.